Saturday, March 24, 2012

Baby Ruby's Quilt

Why, oh, why don't I sew more often? Oh, wait.  That darn husband and kids.  And cooking, and cleaning and laundry.  All those reasons.  Oh, well. 

Just finished up a baby quilt for a new little cousin of ours to be born in June.  Currently named "Ruby" till her parents agree on something else.  It is really a blessing to give these to family and friends.  It does my heart good to know that it means so much to them.  I pretty much fell in love with this fabric the second I saw it.  The colors and the adorable images for the girl reading and the kids playing Ring Around the Rosy pretty much sealed it.  I didn't realize how cute it was till I got the set of Fat Quarters home. 

The sewing specifics: a Turning Twenty pattern using a fat quarter set of Little Apples by Aneela Hoey for Moda Fabrics.  I purchased the fabric at http://www.fabricnosherie.com/, which is a fantastic little fabric/sewing shop in Webster Groves.  I have been to a "gazillion" fabric shops with my Mom, all over the place, and I can honestly say that this is my favorite.  Modern, inspiring, well organized and thoughtfully presented.  They don't have the most fabric to pick from, but you will find something you love here. 

So here it is. 

Up Close of the adorable prints

9 Blocks of Turning Twenty


No comments:

Post a Comment