Thursday, March 15, 2012

30 Day Pinterest Challenge: Day 3 & 4

Day 3: Salmon w/Pomegranate and Fennel Salsa


Day 4: I Spy Quilt progress


I have been wanting to make an "I Spy" quilt for a long time. I finally got around to stealing bunches of my mom's fabric and cutting 5" squares out.  Now I have lots of novelty fabrics to make quilts for my friends. I found a few I Spy quilts on Pinterest and decided I liked this style, with a little "frame" around each block the best.  I am happy that I purchased a bunch of denim fabric for another thing, because I think it makes the perfect border for this kid quilt.

My vision is this becomes a favorite blanket to play on or take to the park.  When the quilt is finished, the family will be able to play two games with the quilt.  1) " I Spy with my little eye: a sunflower" and then the kids can find those on their blanket.  2) Matching, as there will be 2 owls on each quilt.  Somebody can point at one owl and somebody can find the other. 

Some of my favorite moments as a mom have been spent on a blanket outside on a nice day.  My kids are already too big to spend very long on a blanket now. And it has to be a much bigger blanket. :)  Time to make new memories of fun things to do together, but those times as babies crawling around were super sweet. 

My kids have fun helping me pick out the fabrics for my sewing projects and arranging the squares out on the floor.  E doesn't have as much patience as H does, but he likes it for a few minutes at a time.  You can learn a lot about colors and patterns.  But, the most important thing is they know how happy someone is to get something homemade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment